By Stacia Misner, Philo Janus
Master Microsoft's company Intelligence Tools
Building built-in enterprise Intelligence ideas with SQL Server 2008 R2 & workplace 2010 explains tips on how to take complete good thing about Microsoft's collaborative enterprise intelligence (BI) instruments. numerous robust, versatile applied sciences are coated, together with SQL Server research companies (SSAS), Excel, Excel prone, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration companies (SSIS), Server Reporting providers (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint prone, and grasp facts prone. This sensible advisor makes a speciality of deveoloping end-to-end BI options that foster trained choice making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating company info with SSAS
• Maximize the research services of Excel and Excel Services
• mix info from various resources and fix info for research with PowerPivot
• flow facts into the procedure utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and submit experiences with SSRS
• combine info from disparate functions, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for advanced visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in info utilizing the SSAS info mining engine
• deal with grasp info administration with grasp info Services
• put up the elements of your BI resolution and practice administrative initiatives
Read or Download Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 PDF
Similar microsoft books
The Microsoft authentic educational Courseware (MOAC) workplace 2010 sequence is the one professional educational path fabric. the hot and more suitable MOAC/ Microsoft place of work 2010 undertaking beneficial properties more suitable Wiley laptop variants in addition to many different more desirable gains designed to re-enforce staff abilities. The addition of lively tutorials within the more desirable Wiley computer versions and WileyPLUS classes, textbooks contain extra fabrics on diverse ability degrees to aid clients hold velocity.
Acres of home windows eight tweaks from a Microsoft MVP and writer of Tweaks. com!
From a Microsoft MVP, who's additionally the savvy writer of Tweaks. com, comes this final choice of home windows eight workarounds. Steve Sinchak takes you approach past default procedure settings, deep less than the hood of home windows eight, right down to the hidden gemstones that allow you to customise your home windows eight approach such as you wouldn't think. From aiding you customise the looks to constructing domestic networking, sharing media, and squeezing each ounce of functionality out of the OS, this booklet supplies. prepare to rock and roll with home windows 8!
* Uncovers hidden gemstones that will help you get the main out of home windows 8
* Bypasses the default method settings to teach you ways to customise the login and begin monitors, unencumber hidden settings, supercharge your community velocity, eliminate beneficial properties you hate, and more
* presents over four hundred pages of workarounds and tweaks, together with many high-level ones for you hotshot techies who rather like to reshape an OS and make it your own
* deals professional counsel and perception from writer Steve Sinchak, a Microsoft MVP and author of Tweaks. com
Start tweaking and make home windows eight your personal with home windows eight Tweaks.
I can't say adequate approximately how impressive the vendor was once to paintings with, and the product was once in ideal situation, will surely do company back!
--This ebook provides the entire uncomplicated options plus improved assurance of complicated subject matters akin to VBA macros and programming, net publishing, and workplace integration. --From basic to complicated issues, this finished advisor appeals to Excel producti
- Learn Git in a Month of Lunches
- Outlook 2007 For Dummies
- MCAD/MCSD: Visual Basic .NET XML Web Services and Server Components Study Guide
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007: Comprehensive Concepts and Techniques
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 – Das Entwicklerbuch: Grundlagen, Techniken, Profi-Know-How
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer¿s Compendium : The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint
Additional info for Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010
IT professionals design reports in BIDS, shown in Figure 2-6, and then publish them to the server. From the server, users 35 36 Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions Figure 2-6 Designing a report in BIDS can view reports through the Report Manager website, or the URL for a report can be linked from any other website. Reports can also be embedded in webpages. In addition to simply looking at reports via a browser, reports can be exported to Excel, Word, XML, PDF, or TIFF formats. Reporting Services 2008 R2 adds the ability to make reports available as an Atom data feed.
We happen to feel this is a short, easy-to-remember mnemonic that will keep you on track when defining the KPIs. A KPI is generally going to consist of a text description, an actual value, and a target value. From there, you may have additional data, such as a performance indicator, trend 21 22 Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions Figure 1-14 A detailed KPI indicator, additional targets (for example, a long-term target and a short-term target), and perhaps even annotations and sparklines.
OLAP analysis lets analysts dig into data to ask various questions and try to find the answers. Data mining is what you do when you don’t even know what question to ask. Essentially, data mining is about identifying patterns in large volumes of data. Data mining is how grocery stores identify purchases that are generally made together, or alternatively, purchases that are not made in the same trip. ” There are a number of definitions or explanations of data mining. ” – David Hand, Heikki Mannila, and Padhraic Smyth, Principles of Data Mining (MIT Press, 2001) SQL Server Analysis Services has a data mining engine built in.